Ask us on live chat
Sealed and Locking Manhole Covers are equivalent to double sealed. As per the Building Regulations 2000, internal manhole covers have to be air tight which is achieved with a sealed and locking cover. All of our recessed T-Range covers feature a rubber gasket seal and a locking function.
Common applications for Sealed and Locking Covers are internal rooms, tiled floors, patios, playgrounds and such like. In many circumstances, especially high-end properties, a decorative finish of brass, aluminium or stainless steel is preferred;
Clear Opening: 450mm diameter
Inset in Tray: 43.5mm
Overall Frame Size: 580mm x 580mm
Overall Depth: 54mm; not including adaptor
- Rubber sealing gasket allows this cover to be installed internally since it helps with blocking odours and smells
- 5 tonne gross plated weight load bearing capacity means this cover is primarily designed for pedestrian applications, but can be driven over occasionally
- 4 screw locking to secure the manhole cover in place, as per Building Regulations 2000 this is a suitable alternative to the commonly misused phrase "double sealed"
- Square to round to fit circular or square chambers, with a tapered adaptor that can easily be cut where required with a hacksaw
- Integral lifting keys to lift the tray as required, once the safety screws are loosened
- Polypropylene, black plastic frame with a mild galvanised steel tray.
- Mild Steel to BS EN 1449:1991/EN 10025:2004
- Galvanising to BS EN 1461:2009
- Polypropylene Grade AP9
- FACTA clauses 7.0, 7.2, 7.2.1, 7.2.3 & 7.3.3